06 July 2008

I hate mail

I typically really look forward to checking the mail.  In fact, it's a highlight in my day.  I know what you're thinking, "what is she 80 or something?"  No, but I am somehow eternally optimistic that I will get something good in the mail.  Like a letter or package.  A real letter, not just an invitation or announcement.  A handwritten, thoughtful letter.  I love them.  In fact, I live for them.  But, the reality is I get what all of you get - junk, bills, more junk and the occasional invitation.  And, I allow for the mail to pile up.  My secret hope is that someone will go through all the mail for me, pay the bills, and most importantly, file everything away.  But, that fairy doesn't exist in my house.  We have a pretty good filing system, his name is Bret.  As if Bret needs anything else to do, but he's my main guy.  Why?  Because he knows that I despise filing the mail not to mention he's good at it.  The drawers are too tight, and I just get in a bad mood trying to stuff one more document that I'm not even sure we really need.  He's laid back and doesn't seem to mind.  For tonight, our mail pile has vanished and my desk area is organized once again thus giving me temporary bliss.  What is your filing/mailing/document system like?

7 comments:

Shannon Morrison said...

ugh! you are still filing?

Abbey said...

yeah, didnt we have this conversation once before??? shannon and i told you not keep those bank statements! you can get them from the bank if you ever need them. or maybe i dont know what i'm talking about. chris does the filing. but only really important documents. definitely not bankn statments or bills. but we might be missing some important point or something??

i'm so excited that you started a blog!

what does monday consulting come from? much cooler than "cake"!

Alison said...

Yeah! I new blog to stalk! It's about time!
I used to live for fun mail to arrive, but now I live for new blog updates by my friends!

Joy said...

YEA! I am so glad you joined the blog world. And by the way, I would love to be a meteorologist, but my vocation for now is mom. We'll see.

alston said...

welcome to blog world...so glad you have joined! we do all that bill junk on line - makes getting mail a lot more pleasant. maybe there are other things that we should be filing?? we don't have an accountant in the house!

Teri said...

Love it!
We mostly do stuff online too. But the biggest thing I do, is I go straight from the front door to the trash can/recycle bin and get rid of all the true junk right away. Then the rest is Justin's job. :)

the dowiaks said...

hola! if i get the mail (which is pretty rare) i do what teri does...junk straight to the trash, and then the rest is for matt. thankfully he likes keeping up with that stuff. we were totally meant for each other! :)