11 July 2008

Sugar Cookies


When I was in college, we had an acquaintance named Claire introduce us to this spectacular sugar cookie recipe.  It has now become a staple with my college roomies from Casa Rosa to make this for any special occasion - baby showers, birthdays, beach reunions, and most recently, 4th of July parties.  Unfortunately, I had to miss out on these delicious cookies on the 4th and have been thinking about them ever since Tricia told me she had made them.  Will I make them this weekend?  That would be a resounding no.  I will, however, be so much more looking forward to them for when we go to Port Aransas this year.  I am counting on the fact that Tricia and Alison make these cookies almost every year.  I leave you with the recipe should you want to try to make these yummy cookies yourself.  

Yummy Sugar Cookies
1 cup oil, 1 cup butter, 1 cup sugar, 1 cup powdered sugar, 

2 eggs, 1 tsp vanilla, 4 cups flour, 1 teaspoon cream of tartar, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon salt.

Preheat oven to 350.  Cream together 1st four ingredients.  Mix in remaining ingredients.  Bake for 10-12 minutes.  

Icing:
Mix the following: 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar, 1/2 cup butter (softened), 1 egg, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, food coloring of your choice (have fun with this!)


4 comments:

Shannon Morrison said...

ack! 2 cups of fat?? i bet they are good!!

so impressed by your posting frequency by the way.

Sofia said...

Yeah, these have TONS of butter, oil and sugar, but they are fabulous! Yumm!

Nicole said...

these are the best sugar cookies you will ever eat. ever. seriously.

Tricia said...

Dude, power to the sugar cookies! I think about them all the time. Tim polished off the last batch I made, punk. Yep, I'll for sure be toting a batch to the beach, yippee! Oh, and you can leave the egg out of the icing recipe. Seriously, raw egg in icing? That can't be right. I scratched it out on my recipe a long time ago.