16 July 2008

Tasmanian Devil Made Me Do It!


"Tengo que pintar mis unas bien, Mami."  (I have to paint my nails well, Mommy. )

My dear friend Sarah came over this past Sunday in order that we may sneak away to get a manicure. Upon learning of our destination, sweet Isabella insisted that she come along.  All she talked about was how she was going to get her nails painted too.  So what does a mother do?  But oblige of course.  You should have seen Isabella at the nail salon while we were waiting.  She was very intrigued by an older lady who was getting acrylic nails done and wedged herself right next to the woman's chair to get a perfect view.  

She also had to pick out the perfect color.  She picked it out well before we entered thesalon.  She went over to the nail polish display and picked out her color.  OPI's Tasmanian Devil Made Me Do It.  It was a sort of  orange/reddish color.  Sarah tried to dissuade her by pointing to another reddish color.  Nope, Isa knew exactly which color she wanted.  There was a wait in the salon which was in the mall.  We went window shopping while we were waiting.  When we came back I went to pick out my color and invited Isa to come with me.  She would have none of it and went back to the window display where the *new* colors were.  As stated previously, she knew exactly the color she wanted.  Thankfully the receptionist was very kind and said it was ok for them to open the bottle for Isa to get her manicure.  

So, Sarah, Isa and I all got a manicure - but this one was Isabella's first.  Hopefully we haven't introduced her to an addiction.  But, at the same time - what fun to have a girl that I can get manicures with.  Oh, how I adore her.  

4 comments:

Sofia said...

That is too funny! Although, we both knew her love for nail polish way before: the time when you and Bret left and I found Isa in your bathroom with nail polish all over the wooden floor! I can't wait to see her soon.

Teri said...

Too cute! I'm impressed Isa can stay still long enough for that--I'm a ways off from being able to do something like that with Lilly. Something to look forward to :)

Holly said...

oh how fun! i can't believe what a big girl she's become! i'm glad y'all had fun! :)

Kim said...

that is the cutest picture ever! she is so fricking adorable.