05 December 2008

Splish, Splash


Diego loves and I mean LOVES to take baths.  I think it is his favorite thing to do.  He would probably let me bathe him several times a day.  I sometimes bathe the kids separately because they like their water temperature so different.  Isabella is our ice queen - she likes her baths cold.  I mean cold - as in I would never bathe with her.  Diego likes his at a much more normal temperature - warm.  Usually I bathe Diego during the day (some time in the afternoon after one of his messy feedings before nap time) and Isabella at night before going to bed.  But, lately Diego has been getting very upset when it is Isa's bath time.  He sees the water running and thinks he is in for his bath time treat.  He starts kicking and getting very excited at the mere sight and sound of water.  He tries to pull up on the bath tub and see the running water.  When Isa gets in her ice cold bath and he has to be a bystander, he starts crying in disapproval.  Therefore, more and more now I have started bathing the kids together with warm water.  Isabella complains about the water temperature, but usually is appeased by the fact that she and Diego are bathing together, playing, splashing, etc.  It's a lot of fun to watch them interact.  

No comments: