07 December 2008

Donde esta Elmo?



Just about every baby/toddler is attached to something - be it his/her pacifier, blankie, lovey, stuffed animal, etc.  Isabella has never really been an attached girl.  She had a lovey we put in her crib when she was a baby, which she never really took to.  She has several blankets, but prefers to sleep on top of her bed with nothing on top of her.  She has one baby doll whom she only plays with when a friend is over.  She gave up her pacifier pretty easily when she was about 18 months old.  

Now that she is 3 years old, Isabella has started taking Elmo around with her and constantly needs to know where Elmo is.  Elmo is a girl don't you know.  Elmo needs to be sung to.  Elmo needs to be bathed.  Elmo needs to take a nap and no she doesn't want any books read to her.  Elmo needs to be rocked.  As usual in our family, she has yet to watch Sesame Street.  I'm wondering if we introduce Sesame Street to her, if her opinion of Elmo will change.  Oh and lest not forget, Elmo likes to be photographed.  

2 comments:

Shannon Morrison said...

too funny! audrey thinks elmo is a girl too! i guess the high-pitched voice?

Missy said...

Hi there!!

I am sure we have met - I know everyone seems to know you!

re: smocking. I do sell Orient Expressed so occasionally I order from them for the discount. But I am very fortunate that there are several ladies in my neighborhood who spend a fortune on their kids' clothes and then sell them to me when their kids outgrow them! I will sell a dress to a friend of mine for $60 and buy it back from her a year later for $10. It's crazy. I also have had really, really good luck at kids' resale shops etc. I have found smocked bishops at Goodwill, I kid you not.

We are back at CTK now! So come up to me on Sunday and I will share some of my secrets with you ;-)