22 June 2009

Mexican Playdate




Today I helped two different friends who were in a bind.  They both happen to have 4 year olds.  I, therefore spent my afternoon with three pre-K kids and Diego.  

Amaya arrived first right after her school got out (3:15pm).  She brought her own two dolls - a very good move considering Isa owns one doll whom she rarely pays attention to.  

Some history:  Isabella is the mother of four children - Pinkie, Bluey, Fabiola, and "I knew her name once, but now I don't remember."  Keep in mind that Pinkie and Bluey are hugely overstuffed bunnies that my sister's boyfriend, Nehman gave Isa and Diego for Eatser.  Miss No Name is a rollerskate doll that Isa fondly calls her sister and frequently prays for.  I'm sure folks at school thought Isa really must have had another sister since she talks about her frequently.

Amaya and Isa proceeded to play most of the afternoon with the two dolls that Amaya brought - they took them outside to swing, fed them, put them to sleep, read them books, etc.  At 5 o'clock, Isa's neighbor friend, Jordi (pronounced Yordee for you gringos) came over.  The three of them played outside, played doctor and asked for lots of snacks.  I've become cooler in the last year and actually had some jell-o that I made and some jell-o pudding snacks of the chocolate variety that were a big hit.  The best was the three Pre-K'ers keeping the chocolate pudding snack away from the lil munchkin, Diego.

Amaya left at 6:15. Jordi and Isa continued the extended play date.  Currently, Isa and Jordi are playing house.  He's the dad, she's the mom.  He is very concerned about the steaks they are buying at the grocery store.  I am cracking up as I type this.  She's concerned about where they are going to dispose of the egg shells, and that they need to find a trash can.  Their children (the two huge bunnies) are hungry and they are about to feed them.  They have gone to the grocery store several times (I guess they forgot some things the first time).  

Jordi was picked up around 8:15, so the 5 hour play date afternoon is over for Isabella.  What a great afternoon! 

No comments: